Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

What is the Power Outlet used for in an Infiniti G37,

Customer Question
What is the Power Outlet...
What is the Power Outlet used for in an Infiniti G37
JA: What year is your G37?
Customer: 2009...............
JA: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No Okay, Jay. Here's what I'm looking to do.... I have a 2009 Infinti G37. Bought it used from a CarMax. 75,000 miles. Excellent shape. Thru the Owners' Manual I found that in the Console it has connector plugs for techno stuff, as well as a Power Outlet. What I'm looking to do is connect a portable radio, with a tape player, battery powered, using the Headphones jack, Connect that radio into the cars' Audio System....so that I Don't just have to listen to my Cassette Tapes, thru that portable radio itself! Yes!!!! I still have music on cassette tapes. How do I connect that radio to the cars' Audio System? Or do I go thru the Cig lighter outlet. A Radio Shack sales person.....said that's not a good idea. I will be powering the radio with "C" cell batteries. How do I do this. An Adaptor, what????
JA: Most cars have two fuse panels. Which are you looking for -- under the dash or under the hood?
Customer: What is the Power Outlet in the Console used for????
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Are you still there, Jay?
JA: No. I'm the Infiniti mechanic's Assistant.
Customer: What is the Power Outlet used for in my 2009 Infiniti about???
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
11/13/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: tsmodie, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
tsmodie
tsmodie, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** power outlet will work just fine, it is a 30 amp protected circuit, as long as you use a 12 volt adapter on the radio, it will work just fine,Tim

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

tsmodie
tsmodie
tsmodie, ASE Certified Technician