Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet
62275574

I recently brought my 2007 Infiniti G35x to a detail shop to

Customer Question

I recently brought my 2007 Infiniti G35x to a detail shop to locate a leak. Since i've gotten the vehicle back the airbag light is now on and blinking....
JA: Is anything interfering with the seatbelt latch?
Customer: No the seatbelt and where it latches to lock are all in place that I know of....
JA: What is the make/model of your car?
Customer: Infiniti G35x 2007
JA: Are you fixing your G35x yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No I am not fixing it myself. The place I brought it to discovered a plugged line in the sunroof
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

A blinking airbag light usually indicates that one of the airbag sensors or the airbag connectors is unplugged. Other than a detail, what other work was performed? Was anything disconnected?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The detail shop found that my sunroof drainage line was slightly plugged causing there to be water on the interior passenger floor. The detail shop pulled the rug and removed the passenger seat. They may have disconnected it and not put it back together?
Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

It sounds like maybe they didn't plug the occupancy sensor on the passenger seat back in. There is a sensor in the passenger seat cushion that tells the air bag computer whether there is someone sitting in that seat so that the airbag knows whether to deploy in an accident. If there isn't anyone sitting in that seat, the airbag on that side isn't supposed to deploy. If they didn't plug the sensor back in it would definitely cause the airbag light to blink.

You can know for sure which sensor is not connected using a scan tool to check the computer for fault codes if you have one available.

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Please don't forget to rate- that's how Just Answer compensates me for my time.

Expert:  Jared D replied 9 months ago.

Please don't forget to rate. Just answer compensates me based on your positive rating.