Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2011 G37 and I am hearing a continuous double chime…

Customer Question
I have a 2011...

I have a 2011 G37 and I am hearing a continuous double chime when I am in or near the car. Cause?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your G37 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your car?

G37 Convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your '11 Convertible?

2011

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
11/8/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you get this double beep, it means the convertible top will need what they call a relearn. That double beep means that it lost it's memory position for the convertible top. This relearn is something only the dealer can do and it can only be done with a scanner. Most common thing that causes this is a weak battery. So if you have 6 small caps on top of your battery, that is the original battery and is most likely the reason why the top lost it's position. So I would recommend you change the battery at the same time so you don't run into any more issues with the top.

Do you have any more questions on this?