Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Changed my o2 sensor and check engine light come's back on

Customer Question
changed my o2 sensor...
changed my o2 sensor and check engine light come's back on is it because I used an universal o2 sensor
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: stay on
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2001 I30
JA: Are you fixing your I30 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and changed both o2 sensor's and light keeps coming on after like two miles of driving also changed spark plugs
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/2/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic

Thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** give me a moment to review your question and respond with the assistance you need!

Did the sensor have a connector on it or did you have to try and wire the connector into it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
wire
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I made sure I wired it right and the conection was right and I double checked it as well

Ok

I would say it's highly likely the sensor didn't get wired in right. These are a real pain to wire in and I usually avoid them. If you mix up the heater wire with the actual power wire or ground it can really cause a problem. I usually suggest aftermarket plug and play.

Before I condemn this though, what is the actual code you are getting?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm getting p0134 two times

Ok, give me a moment to pull this one up please.

Ok, this is really a pretty basic wiring setup however if you have the orange/blue wire crossed with the solid white wire it's sending the wrong signal to the computer.

This is the issue I usually run into with the universal sensors, you can't generally tell what color wire on the actual sensor is for the signal VS the heater signal.

I think you may want to try one with the connector already installed to be honest.

Mike V.
Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic