Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

I recently had the car battery of my Infiniti fx35 (2004)

Customer Question

Hello, I recently had the car battery of my Infiniti fx35 (2004) replaced with a new one at an Infiniti dealership.
I was able to start the ignition and drive it one way just fine. When I started my car again, the engine turned over, but the car stalled immediately afterward. I couldn't get anywhere, and was forced to call a towing service.
After researching online, I found that this stalling problem happens when the old car battery is disconnected, because the car's computer resets the idle speed to its factory setting.
So my question is, is this the dealership's fault for not properly preparing my car after the battery change before releasing the vehicle back to me?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.Please give me a moment to type my response. Thanks

Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

Just to be clear, the car will restart but it's stalling on you?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Mike, could you please read my question in its entirety? My question is whether the dealership was negligent for returning my vehicle to me without making sure it wouldn't stall on me after the battery change.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

To answer, Yes, if they didn't do a throttle relearn on the car after the battery was installed, then that's on them. This should be part of the battery replacement. They certainly know that the throttle will need a relearn after the battery is disconnected.

This may even lead to the check engine light appearing as well.

I would call them back and find out why they didn't do it or if they did it or not.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?