Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My 2005 g35 coupe handle comes loose when opened. I can put

Customer Question

My 2005 g35 coupe handle comes loose when opened. I can put it back in but when trying to open door the handle keeps coming out.
JA: Are you fixing your G35 Coupe yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, u don't want to pay Infiniti 3 hours of labor to fix it.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Just need to get the parts to fix it.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

For your door handle, if you watch this video, it pretty much outlines how the handle is secured so you can repair it or replace it. Please take your time and review this video so you can correct your door handle issue.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvUCEjVkF_0

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I could have gotten the YouTube video myself for free. I needed the exact part to fix my door so I can order it online.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

The video I made. Sp that is me instructing you.

As for the exact part number, you would need to contact your local dealer with your vin number to order a passenger front handle assembly. That is the part you need.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I went to Infiniti and order new door handle but when I compared the new door handle to the old one there exactly the same. So it's not the door handle itself that needs to be replaced. They said it is the Handle Outside Bracket (80611am800) that connects to door handle that could be broke. Can you explain how to replace the Handle Outside Bracket to the door handle.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

If you look at the video, that black insert on the door is what holds the handle in place along with that cap with the lock cylinder.

This was the drivers side right?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
it was the drivers side door handle.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Is the cap on the lock cylinder? is the lock cylinder loose at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I can pull out the lock cylinder and slide it back in and as long as I don't pull too hard on the handle it will stay in place.
Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Did you watch my video I gave you it shows you how to secure that lock cylinder. That cap holds the handle in place.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

If the bolt can't be tightened to hold the lock cylinder in place, you would need that plastic frame on the inside of the door.

Expert:  Jay replied 11 months ago.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have the clip that goes on top of the lock cylinder. Are you saying that the clip keeps the door handle in place?