Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

My g35 transmission is in limp mode Car has bad electrical

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. How can we help?
Customer: My g35 transmission is in limp mode Car has bad electrical No headlights no fan no wipers or ac
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Everything is fine
JA: What year is your G35?
Customer: 2005 coupe
JA: Are you fixing your G35 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to clean the fuses
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Thats all
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Does the car run? Do you have a volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Its run
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got over heated last week
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The engine over heated last week? How is the coolant level?

Do you have a test light and volt meter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No i dont , but i think it related to ignition switch as well. Because the started took a bit too start.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

I am wondering if the alternator is charging properly. If not charging properly it some electrical components will stops working due to low battery voltage. Low battery voltage will also put the car in limp mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I never check that but i had a code before for something about front break solid something
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

That could be a TCM issue. But we need a volt meter and a test light. This way we can check all fuses to make sure they are all good, and volt meter to make sure the system is operating under the proper amount of voltage

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
should I bring to autozone to let them check for me
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If you don't have the proper tools to check this, then you would need to bring it some where so they can check it.

I would start by checking all fuses to make sure they are all good. Then I would use a volt meter to check to make sure the alternator is charging properly.

After I do those two tests. I would then look into the trans codes and diagnose them. This could be a transmission issue or Valve Body issue as well, or it could simply be due to low battery voltage.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!