Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Dash is flashing. Car won't start when its flashing. Did

Customer Question

Dash is flashing. Car won't start when its flashing. Did dash test and got 3 codes. R0308 NR0308
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: and RE5-0
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2008 qx56
JA: Are you fixing your QX56 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Battery terms are great
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: fixing myself.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What light is flashing when the truck does not start and how did you get these codes you listed?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
The whole dash is flashing and flickering. To run the test, I held in the trip bar and turned the ignition to "on". Ran through the test and got the codes
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Oh, if the dash is flickering when you try to start it, that normally sounds like a weak battery. Did you try jump starting the truck?

Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

That is a self test for the meter. Not for checking codes for the car.

So let me know if you attempted to try to jump start the truck. It sounds simply like a weak battery.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
far, we have not had to jump the car. It has great charge and is clean.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I know they are not codes for the car. I thought perhaps there was something to the meter error code R0308?? The security light also comes on along with all the other dash lights when they flicker. The key fob has a new battery in it. I attempted to put my own scan tool on it and when flickering, I can't even read the vin much less any other possible codes... I think that is odd.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Keep in mind, when you turn the key to the ON position, everything can work properly with a weak battery. It's when you go to start it. The starter is the biggest draw on the battery.

If we can, I would like to try to jump start the truck to see if the issue you are having is simply a weak battery. If it is, then the battery would just need to be checked

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Battery tests good.
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

Did you try jump starting the truck?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I tried. Still nothing. It's very odd. When I turn the truck on, the headlights flash on and off. There is no way to manually turn on the headlights or turn them off. The HVAC fan comes on but I can't turn it off. The blinkers work on the outside of the truck but not on the dash. The cruise control light says that the cruise is set to 188 mph (which is way to fast for inside of my garage!!)
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I saw online that some people were having similar issues with the dash assembly, and some were having issues with the cruise control module....
Expert:  Jay replied 10 months ago.

The ICC Laser maybe. any chance you can take a video clip of what the truck is doing?