Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I had a message light up. it said SLIP. what does that mean?

Customer Question
I had a message...

I had a message light up . it said SLIP. what does that mean?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On dashboard to the right

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?

2008 QX56

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?

Definitely not fixing it myself. and it came on for the first time on my way to work. just trying to find out what it means and what I should do.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?

Ummm no!

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
8/23/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 1 year ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

the slip will light up when you have a problem with the abs[anti-lock brake system.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4h6sy8ec26k3jhx/0823-infinety-SLIP%20INDICATOR%20LAMP.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/4h6sy8ec26k3jhx/0823-infinety-SLIP%20INDICATOR%20LAMP.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help