Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I'm about to purchase a 2009 I30 limited...I saw a salesman

Customer Question

I'm about to purchase a 2009 I30 limited...I saw a salesman state that units before 2010 had timing belts VS chains. and that Chins were a new addition in 2010 .
JA: Which belt is acting up? And when was it last changed?
Customer: Nothing yet I haven't yet bought the car. I was concerned about future repair cost if this is a belt rather than a chain.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just wanted to confirm the 2009 I30 limited has a chain and not a timing Belt before I buy
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That's it ! 2009 I30 limited..Belt or chain! ? Thanks
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.What model Infiniti is this? They stopped making the I30 in 2001.Let me know