Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Thank you: Is checking the wiring harness something the

Customer Question
Thank you Eric: Is checking the...
Thank you Eric:
Is checking the wiring harness something the dealer can do without first ordering the transfer control unit?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
8/14/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager replied 1 year ago
Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager

HI,

Yes, and it should be done first. To do so, the harness connectors between the control module and the transfer case are unplugged and then an Ohmmeter is used to test for resistance between the ends of each wire. If resistance is missing between the ends of any of them, then that wire is traced for a break and repaired.

Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager