Clayso
Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.
77147243

On Infiniti G35 blower takes 25 min to come on once AC is on

Customer Question

I have a 2006 Infiniti G35. It takes 25 to 30 minutes for the blower fan to come on after I turn the AC on. I have not yet checked the freon level, because when the AC is on with the blower working cold air is coming out of the vents.
I have checked fuses, they are OK. It just take 25 to 30 minutes to have the blower to work? AC compressor comes on engaging every time I turn on the A/C.
I have battery voltage on the blue/white wire, good ground on the black wire. I have no idea about the green wire. I think this could be the control wire.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Clayso replied 11 months ago.
Hi there,
From your description most likely the amplifier in the AC controller is at fault. Eventually it will fail completely. The blower will stop operating. Most commonly what happens is the blower motor starts drawing too many amps and burns out the fan control amplifier. The fan control amplifier is part of the AC controls. Blower speed is automatically controlled by the temperature setting, ambient temperature, in-vehicle temperature, intake temperature, amount of sun load and air mix door position through the green wire. There isn't anything to see here unless your voltmeter is really fast. Replacing the fan control amplifier and the blower motor is recommended.
I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.