Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I HAVE 2009 INFINITY GX37 AND RADIO WORKS JUST FINE AND THEN

Customer Question
I HAVE 2009 INFINITY...
I HAVE 2009 INFINITY GX37 AND RADIO WORKS JUST FINE AND THEN JUST STOPS AND THEN COMES BACK ON. IT SEEMS TO BE GETTING WORSE. I CHECKED THE FUSE AND IT IS FINE
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have been waiting about 4 hours for a response. Is this the norm? MARK
8/8/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Sorry for the delay. I just got online and saw no one has responded to your question.

Do you have Navigation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no

Are you going to be available later this evening around 7:30 pm EST? I will try to walk you through the self diagnostic steps to see if there are any codes in the radio? If the Radio cuts in and out, that is not a fuse issue. If it was a fuse, it would be out and not come on. So I would like to see if there are any codes stored with in the radio.

Let me know

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Jay
I will not be available at that time but will be available from 5-6:30 EST. I am available now if that helps.

I am currently working, but will do my best to try to respond to you while I am working.

What you want to do is turn the radio and press and hold the settings button and turn the volume knob counter clockwise.

Once you get in to the self diag screen go into configurations and click Error History. DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING ELSE!!!!

Once you go in there, let me know if there are codes stored and let me know what it says.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I turned on the car and radio. I pushed down the settings button and turned the volume knob counter clockwise and nothing happened. Remember this a 2009 GX37

Sorry, I meant to say Radio off when you press the settings button and turn the radio knob.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok I did that just now. The info said connection is normal. Please refer to confirmation/adjustment or service manual for more detailed information.
Did you click confirmation/adjustments and select error history
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
H/F connection error 1

Thank you for that.

Has any work been done on the car recently? Did you clear that code out?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no work on car lately except for oil changes. No I did not clear the code out

Lets clear that code out and see if that code returns. If you still continue to have issues that indicates there is a internal issue with the radio causing your problem. It would require the radio to be sent out to be repaired or if they have a reman program available they would swap out the radio for you. Radio repairs normally start at 299. Radio exchanges depends. So you would need to check with your local dealer for that. To remove and replace the radio is 1 hour labor.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have done this. Will see I that clears it up. If not I will check with Infinity.

You got it.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you are satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work and I hope I have provided you with excellent service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician