Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
3827149

I have been complaining to infiniti dealer about this from

Customer Question

I have been complaining to infiniti dealer about this from my first service . The car is now 2 years old.
40000 miles on it.
When driving on a standard mode , it never shifts. Rpm goes around 7 but does not change the gear .
While driving in sports mode it shifts the gear easily
Please advice
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Tom replied 11 months ago.

Ok this is due to a problem in the computer and it needs to be recalibrate have they done this for you ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They have already done that . Also they changes valve body no luck
Expert:  Tom replied 11 months ago.

Did they also replace the computer?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They told that , they have a recall and made some changes , which did not fix , next they changed the valve body which did not fix.Now they are telling me that they need to replace the transmission. Since the start when i bought a car i have been complaining about speed issues lot of times but they never cared about it. will replacing transmission really helps? if yes then is it good in a long term ?
Expert:  Tom replied 11 months ago.
it will fix your issue for good just make sure they also replace the computer with it as this will last as long as you have the vehicle and will not have any more issues. Dealers do not like to replace transmissions as they are not easy jobs. This is the next step and will fix your issue. I hoped this helped. Please rate excellent service so I can get credit for my help thanks. Bonuses greatly appreciated. I'm here if you need any further assistance.