Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Brake lights are stuck on, and I did find the little rubber

Customer Question
pad on the floor, and...
Brake lights are stuck on, and I did find the little rubber pad on the floor, and replaced it(the piece behind the clutch cutoff switch on the brake pedal). My daughter has the same car, and I put her swith on my car with lights still on. Could this be a fuse with the lights stuck on? Could it be a parking brake or disc brake issue?
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? How's the level and when was it last changed?
Customer: its been a while
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 2004 Infinit G35
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: see 1st line
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/20/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: George H., ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician

Hello I will help,

If you push the plunger on the switch all the way in do the lights go out?

If they do then you need to adjust the switch so the plunger is all the way in on the stop but does not hold the pedal off its stop holding the brakes on.

Let me know what you see with the plunger

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I did, and no they did not, which is why I put her switch in my car, but lights still on. The rubber stopper had a tab on the brake pedal that was still there, and the bigger front side was on the floor. My daughters car didnt even have a stopper at all, and it works?

So if you push the plunger in the lights don't go out?

Do they when you unplug it?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no sir, and no sir.

Well if they don't go out when you unplug the switch the lights are getting power from another source.

Give me a minute to check the diagrams for what might be the cause.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they came on all of a sudden. My neighbor saw them and called me, but when the wife came home and parked behind me they were off.

I am not seeing anything that could do this, are all three lights on?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
trunk, and both tails.

The brake light switch you are disconnecting has a red/yellow stripe and a pink/blue stripe wire?

Any aftermarket light package or trailer hitch or alarm or anything that might be tied into the light circuit?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
light blue, and yellow/
green.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im sure the remote lock is tied in.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no hitches
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I hit the lock on the remote and the tails flash, but the trunk light is solid. Could my brake(s) be stuck? Like a stuck caliper? The brakes need pads.

If you have the switch unplugged it is not in the brakes it is in the remote. I don't think I can help you so I will OPT OUT of your question

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ty
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you still need help with this issue?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician