Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

The interior mirror fails to stay in place and droops so all

Customer Question
I see is the back...
The interior mirror fails to stay in place and droops so all I see is the back seat. Is there a way to tighten it up?
JA: What is the model/year of your Infiniti?
Customer: 1998 i30
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Not much it is a new purchase from a friend and is a second car with this little irritable issue.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
7/18/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: tsmodie, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
tsmodie
tsmodie, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused by the ball and socket wearing out in the pivot, there is no way to tighten it, it will need to be replaced, have you checked your local salvage yard for a used one yet?

Please dont forget to rate me, so I can get credit for helping,Thanks,Tim

tsmodie
tsmodie
tsmodie, ASE Certified Technician