sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2005 fx45 when the car heats up and I accelerate

Customer Question

i have a 2005 fx45 when the car heats up and I accelerate hard the tach jumps and there is less power delivered than usual. The tach also does not come down immediately as it should
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If RPM's raise but the vehicle does not accelerate then it appears that the transmission is slipping or may possibly be stuck in a lower gear. If the trans slips then engine power will not be transmitted correctly to the wheels.

Have any warning lights come on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no warning lites on. the car accelarates but the tach revs up and does not come down right away. this only happens after it is warmed up. could it be the fuel injection?

You said there is less power. Does the engine sound normal at this time?

Do RPM's come up but it feels like the vehicle isn't pulling?
Or does it feel like it lacks power?