Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Jay, I'm experiencing the same problem but unfortunately

Customer Question
Hi, Jay, I'm experiencing the...
Hi, Jay, I'm experiencing the same problem but unfortunately disconnecting the negative cable did not resolve my problem. The problem began intermittently toward the end of my siriusxm trial and had been consistent since it ended. Any suggestions? I have an Infiniti FX35 (2011)
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I sent my question to you based on another question you assisted with. I thought that thread would automatically be included but just in case it was not here it is.........http://my.justanswer.com/question/guest/7f596ff1c8484cb29a7aaf288f7f1d86
7/10/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

What is going on exactly? The screen keeps cutting out and going blank?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Suddenly, one day, the radio began working intermittently. Upon starting the car the infiniti name and symbol would appear on the screen and remain for some time. While the name and symbol appear I could not start the radio, air or cameras. After the name and symbol cleared the screen would go blank and the radio would be off. I could push the power button to turn the radio on but the screen would remain blank. After about 5 minutes or so the screen would come on and all would function normally. Now, when starting the car, the Infiniti name and symbol appear and upon that clearing the screen again goes blank. I can still turn the radio on by pressing the power button; however, the screen does not come on and I can not change the station or source. I can use the A/C but none of the radio buttons seem to be functioning. The camera does work however.After reading your response to another Infiniti owner I disconnected the negative battery cable for 10 minutes; however, this did not correct the problem it simply added one. Now, my auto window up is not working either.

Yeah.. That was a little different issue you read. The disconnecting the battery for your issue won't work. That other one is when the unit gets a frequency jam. It just needs a hard reset to correct it. Your issue sound like the radio it's self is causing the problem. When your screen is blank, the radio does not work correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
When the screen is black the radio does work. It's as if it's stuck on a station because it only plays that one. I can not change the station or source (I.e. CD, Bluetooth etc)

That is a radio issue. Do you have Navigation?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do. Navigation does not work with the black screen either.

Yeah... Ok. This is a Radio issue. The radio would need to be removed and sent out to be repaired to resolve your issue.

Normally charges are around 1 hour labor and around 299 to start for repairs to the audio unit for your issue.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I suppose I don't understand how my issue differs from the other when we're experiencing the same "symptoms"

The other one is a QX56

Different system. I can walk you through self diag to see what codes you have. But do not do anything else in there.

We can go in, see what codes you have, clear them and see if that helps. But that is all we can do.

As for the auto windows, that is easy to program. Put the window all the way down that you are programming, then lift and hold the window switch up for that window. When the window goes all the way up, simply continue to hold the switch up for 5 seconds and that will program the auto up feature.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
What would I need to do to self diag? That resolved the window issue.

With the radio off, ( and you want to see if it can go into Self Diag when the screen is out as well)

Press and hold the settings button while turning the radio knob counter clockwise. Then read off the two options and I will take you further.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Unfortunately, it appears that the self diag will nor work with a blank screen. It's just a bit frustrating considering the problem did not begin until the SiriusXM trial was coming to an end. Seems related. Coincidence I suppose.

It is more coincidental. This is a Radio issue I am afraid. It is a different issue even though it seem similar that that original question you referenced.

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician