Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

2004 infiniti I35 ac problem. Condensor comes on when ac is

Customer Question
turned on but no cold...
2004 infiniti I35 ac problem. Condensor comes on when ac is turned on but no cold air. The low side pressure does not fall. After turning the ac off and on low side pressure starts to to fall but no cold air. everytime I turn the ac off and on the pressure drops a little more. Aftrer about 7 or 8 times of turning the ac off and on the pressure drops enough so that the air blows cold. What is the problem and how can it be resolved?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
6/21/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

The compressor comes on when you turn on the AC? Also what are your high and low side pressures?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the compressor comes on every time I turn the ac on. High side pressure is normal when ac is on. Low side pressure does not register first time ac is turned on. Every subsequent on and off cycle of the ac the low side pressure mves a little bit until the 7 or 8th time the ac is turned on and off then the low side pressure reads normal.

That could be something going on with the Evaporator. What are the exact pressures please?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I can not give you the exact pressures because I don't have the gauges. I took the car to a mechanic and he hooked up his gauges and explained to me what is happening. Then he said he has no idea how to fix the problem and to drive the car the way it is for a while. I don't like that answer because I don't want the existing problem to become a larger problem and I don't think turning the ac on and off 7 or 8 times to get cold air is execeptable. I would prefer the problem be fixed. I could possibly go back to the mechanic and have him put the gauges back on and take the readings if that is the only way to get a answer.

Well if he was a mechanic, he would be able to fix it, and not send you out the door saying don't worry about it.

If you are the customer and you want it fixed, it should be fixed as long as you are willing to pay to have it fixed.

So the first step for your issue is to take it to a shop who is willing to fix it. The first step with any AC issue is to recover the freon from the AC system to see how much freon is in the system. Once the system is recoverred then it is vacuumed and recharged to the proper amount then recheck it's operation. Once you have enough freon in the system, then you can check to see what is going on. It could be a bad pressure sensor, it could be the freon level is boarder line low or high. But that is your first step.

Do you understand? Do you have any more questions on this?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician