Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech
7276279

Thank you. : I inadvertently triggered the immobilizer

Customer Question

Thank you.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I inadvertently triggered the immobilizer feature on my Infinity (I didn't even know it was there). I got out of the car this morning when I came to the office but i forgot to put the car in park as i was walking away the car kept beeping, a long continuos beep actually. i did not realize it was the car for several minutes.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: now it will not let me start the car
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: No. The battery is relatively new.
JA: Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?
Customer: No. Its in perfect shape. Regularly maintained
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm pretty sure i triggered the Immobilization System. How do I unlock it?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to be able to help you with this problem we are going to need complete information, year and model of your Infiniti please. Also when you say it will not start are you saying it will crank over but not run or are you saying it will not crank over at all. Post back when you can with complete information and we can work from there.