Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

05 infinity fx45, jay. My vehicle is vibrating, and making

Customer Question
05 infinity fx45, hi jay...
05 infinity fx45, hi jay. My vehicle is vibrating, and making what I'd ralate the noise as, tire rotation sound, growing at the 20 mph mark and up...keeps going as I accelerate, and decelerate. I feel it's the differential, however I took it in to a dealer, non infinity, as I purchased this expensive ex. Warranty! They came back saying it was the rear parking brake shoes "they THINK". BS...it's getting worse!!!! Plus, they aligned it...and it's horrible, it's worse, as it wasn't bad before? Your take please?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
5/30/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: john aka eautp, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
john aka eautp
john aka eautp, ASE Certified Technician

is it a howl or a hum?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
It's sounds like a growling noise, no hum

and this is all from the rear?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Middle of the vehicle to or right rear seems to be coming from
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Correct

have they run it on a lift to listen to the rear end?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
They test drove it. Said they thought it was the parking brake shoes, hubby is a mechanic no longer, in construction. ..I asked if they checked the differentials, ( if the tech did) service dude said "idk, you'd have to ask them" lol
..everything is down on my final bill, that is not listed what your asking

find a shop to run it on a lift and listen...its likely a pinion bearing or other internal rear end failure

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
they have the ability to hear this sound without pushing on accelerator? As it only is attainable during acceleration. ...and driving, it never stops. At idle it's quiet.

yes if they lift it on a 2 post lift with a man in the drivers seat...with the vehicle in drive they should be able to duplicate and pinpoint the source

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you, ***** ***** I need to know. I believe I was getting the run around, or they were being just plain lazy?

my opinion is most dealer service counter staff are lost and should be bagging grocerys... so it may be communication between the service counter and the shop staff..or a unskilled tech diagnosed

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Both in my opinion john! My husband usually fixes all our vehicles, and I hate going thru dealers!!! He wouldn't let me talk to the tech, and if I asked if my husband could, he said "we pay our staff to make these educated choices "
Thanks again!

wow...find a good mom and pop or independent shop that wants your business...just because its a dealer does not mean they are the best...

Please remember to only rate my service when you are satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "Poor Service" or "Bad Service", please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.

I am not paid unless I get a rating of 3 to 5 Stars/Smiley Faces. If I have helped you with your question, please give me an appropriate rating so that I get credit for helping you

john aka eautp
john aka eautp