Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech
7276279

A/T check light flashes randomly. Had tranny rebuilt and

Customer Question

A/T check light flashes randomly. Had tranny rebuilt and computer replaced. After having that done, tranny shops tells me its my shifter? Last time it started to flash the engine was idling high as I put it in reverse. Car jerked, then jerked again going to drive do to the high idle. Then tranny wouldn't shift through the gears. Turned engine off, then turned key to on and light didnt flash and everything was back to normal. Very confusing!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes if possible. I have some mechanical knowledge/skills. Just need to be guided in the right direction.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far? Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?
Customer: Other than being told the tranny needed rebuilding and computer replaced, I haven't done anything else. Funny thing is, the day I got it back front the shop it did the same thing I took it in for! Which leads me to believe there was nothing really wrong with my old tranny?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The AT light flashes when the system sees a fault and when this happens the computer system will set and store a fault code and or codes. In order to determine what is causing this you are going to need to start with having the system scanned and the fault code and or codes retrieved. If you can get this done and post back with them along with the year, make and model of your car I will see if I can help you get this resolved.