Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Where is the fuse cigarette lighter?

Customer Question
Where is the fuse for...
Where is the fuse for rear cigarette lighter?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2006 Infiniti m35
5/25/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Derek Werner, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Derek Werner
Derek Werner, ASE Certified Technician
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer My name is ***** ***** am looking up the information on your vehicle now to help you find the fuse for your cigar lighter.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Ok thanks.
You will need to access the Fuse block (J/b) behind dash side lower LH finisher. It is fuse number 7 15amp fuse.
also check Fuse number 5 15amp in the same fuse block.
Fuse 7 powers the cigar lighter, and fuse 5 powers the rear floor console and inside floor console.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are u talking about the fuse box inside on driver side? Already checked all fuses and there good.
inside the passenger compartment on the left hand side by the ebrake
fuse block Junction box (J/B)
Ensure fuses 5,7,and 21 are good.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yea Already had checked all those fuses all are good. Still not working
Does the other sockets work normally.
The accessory relay on the first diagram i sent could be faulty. The accessory relay sends power to the fuse circuits. The fuse should be tested for battery voltage with the key on. If no power at the fuse, the accessory relay has likely failed. If the fuses are good you will need to do some testing to properly diagnoise the problem. Do you have a test light or multi meter?if not i would recommend getting a cheap test light at a auto parts store and i can help you find the problem.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yea have a test light. I'll check that
ok great! If you have power at the fuse you will need to remove the cigar lighter socket and check for power at the electrical connector at the back of the cigar lighter.
Derek Werner
Derek Werner
Derek Werner, ASE Certified Technician