sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Infiniti QX56: Ran out of gas - put gas in - it won't start

Customer Question

Ran out of gas - put gas in - it won't start - plenty of power when trying to start
Category: Infiniti
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't give you my email. I took it that you got back to me right here. Please reply
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My number is(###) ###-####
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is not what I was looking for- I had an emergency situation -disappointed
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The only thing that cools a fuel pump and pump motor is the fuel it is submerged in. Allowing a fuel tank to run dry will overheat the pump and pump motor and can cause it to fail, cold fuel on top of a hot pump motor will also shorted it's life or cause it to fail. It isn't at all uncommon for a fuel pump to fail after allowing the tank to run dry.Do you hear the fuel pump run when the key is turned on?