Mike V.
Mike V., Infiniti Mechanic
Experience:  Factory trained to repair Nissan and Subaru.
2921078

My name is***** have a 1999 Infiniti QX4. It recently

Customer Question

Hi my name is***** have a 1999 Infiniti QX4. It recently went over 200, 000 miles. Yesterday I went to start it and it wouldn't. I had power to the radio, windows and lights. I just purchased a new battery a month ago. So while checking for the problem ALL POWER went OUT completely to the vehicle. I checked the fuses and they looked fine. Any ideas to what or if I checked any missing fuse?
JA: Lots of things can cause problems with the battery. The Infiniti Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes. Or just kind get a idea what I could try.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Testing the fuses.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: It had all power and all of a sudden it went completely out!
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Mike V. replied 1 year ago.
Good morning Hershel,First, I would try a jump start just in case. Sometimes if there is a bad connection you will get some power and not enough to start the truck, then it could loose the connection. Also, it is possible the battery even though new has lost the charge. So, I would put a donor car on it for about 15 minutes, then see if you have any power at all restored. If not, then I would check the main fusible link in the box under the hood. This is about the only thing short of a broken cable that will take out ALL the electrical.This is large, in the center of the box and has a clear top so you can look in it and see if it's blown. If it is, then it would have to be replaced. On these you have to take the box apart to access the 2 bolts that hold the fusible link in place.If you do get any power at all from the jump, then the battery is the issue. I think it's best to eliminate it as the cause first.Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.Thank you so much!