Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

We have a 2012 convertible the top will not fully close, it

Customer Question
is about an inch or...
we have a 2012 convertible the top will not fully close, it is about an inch or 2 from latching and will not go up or down. We just changed the battery and did a brake job on Friday
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes, the car was at the dealer on Thursday, for the another top issue. The service manager advised changing the battery to resolve the issues. We did that and reset the system, with no warning lights or codes.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: We disconnected the battery and tried to reset, did not work
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: Its not showing a code,
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Infiniti Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: With the top issues it developed two small dents in the second panel of the top and what looks like a rub mark at the top of the rear glass. That was what we brought it into the dealer for and the battery was the suggested repair.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
5/1/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question Have you tried a hard reset, which is disconnecting the negative battery cable for 15 mins then trying?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Yes, disconnected battery for 12 to 15 minutes, waited 10 seconds utilized switch will not move in either direction. Opened trunk the fold down is latched on both sides, re latched the fold down twice, we have two beeps coming from the car and no codes or warning on the dash except a tire sensor that needs to be replaced. I tired to move the top manually but it won't budge.
Sorry for the delay. Then if it still will not budge, there is nothing more you can do. It needs to go to the dealer to be activated manually and so the convertible top relearn can be done. Here is a video I made on how we manually operate the roof using the scanner. There is no other way to manually operate the roof. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UgQfqoM8rE If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask. Thanks Jay!
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician