Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Key stuck in emergency ignition JA: Sometimes things that

Customer Question
Key stuck in emergency ignition JA...
Key stuck in emergency ignition
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: My car is shut down(wont start) roadside assistance told me to take key out of fab and put it in ignition to left of steering column
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Now the key is stuck in that ignition and won't release, and car still won't start, red car with picture of key is flashing on dash
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
4/30/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician
Hello, my name is***** you give me the year, make and model of the vehicle.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2013 Infiniti G
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Are you there?
Yes I am. Did the vehicle stall while driving or did it just fail to start all of a sudden?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Just failed to start
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Red car with pucture if key blinking on dash
Thank you. Most of the time this is caused by a failing battery in the car. I would start by having the battery load tested. If the battery is low then this will occur. If the battery is fine then the fob battery may be low. If these are all fine then it is a programming issue. It is common for the programming in the module to fail and cause this. It may need to be reprogrammed if the batteries are fine. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need anything else.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Will my other (spare) key fob work if it is a reprogramming issue?
Not if it is a programming issue. If it is the FOB then yes it should work.
Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man
Fix_It_Man, ASE Certified Technician