Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

And I bought a use2d 2000 infinity i30. Check

Customer Question
***** *****, and I bought...
***** *****, and I bought a use2d 2000 infinity i30. Check engine light came on and my mechanic said there was no code so he reset it and now 400 plus miles and 4 weeks the catalytic converter is still not ready for smog. I had same issue with my 2000 maxima. I am so frustrated, just tell me what tondo
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I can't get it smuggled because the tech says it's an automatic fail if converter is not ready
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Infiniti Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Customer: Smogged
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
4/16/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. in some cases it can take the computer some time to run and allow all monitors to run and pass,below is one procedure I have used in the past before to speed up this learn in process from the computer.Make sure it is followed exactly and in some cases it may need repeated but this usually pushes through the monitors testing to run and pass. Cold Start The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 81 kPa. The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between (41-86°F). The intake air temperature (IAT) is between (41-86°F). The start-up ECT and IAT are within (16°F) of each other. The battery voltage is between 9-16 volts. The fuel level is between 15-85 percent. Important: Whenever the ignition is turned ON, ignition positive voltage is supplied to the HO2S heaters. After verifying the enable criteria, turn OFF the ignition for approximately 5 minutes to allow the sensors to cool before continuing with the test. Once the engine is started, DO NOT turn the engine OFF for the remaining portion of the set procedure.Turn OFF all of the accessories, Set the vehicle parking brake. Verify the transmission is in Park for automatic transmissions and Neutral for manual transmissions. Start the engine and allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes.Acceleration at part throttle to (55 mph) with this speed maintained until the engine reaches operating temperature. This may be up to 8 minutes depending on the start up coolant temperature. Continued operation under these conditions for an additional 6 minutes. Acceleration at part throttle to (45-55 mph) with this speed maintained for 2 minutes. Deceleration to (0 mph). Engine idling for 2 minutes while the following criteria is maintained: The service brake is depressed. The automatic transmission is in drive. The manual transmission is in neutral with the clutch pedal depressed If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I'm a layman as far as this, your response is completely out of reason for me to follow. Do you know of somewhere that can read and follow these instructions?
I apologize for the delay. You can have this done by a repair facility or dealer in some cases as they can follow these instructions to get the tests to run and pass.Basically turn off all lights,radio,wipers etc.Start the engine in park (automatic transmission models) or Neutral (manual transmission models)Let the engine run for 2 minutes like thisThen drive and accelerate to 55 miles per hour until the engine is warmed up around 8 minutesContinue to drive at 55 for another 6 minutesKeep the acceleration part throttle with your foot part way down on the throttle pedal to maintain 45 to 55 miles per hour for 2 more minuteslet off the gas and slowly come to 0 miles per hour then apply your foot on the brake to get it all the way to 0 when slow enough and allow the engine to run at idle like this for 2 more minutesSet or engage the parking brake with the transmission in drive This will take an open area that you can do all of this in which in some cases has to be done on the highway in an area where there isnt allot of traffic. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician