Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

Pearl, I'm Mario. Nice to meet you. the problem with my

Customer Question
Hi Pearl, I'm Mario. Nice...
Hi Pearl, I'm Mario. Nice to meet you. the problem with my infiniti 1993 j30 is that the car has a misfire. When the car is cold the car runs great. But once the car gets at normal temperature the car shuts off once in a awhile while driving or waiting for a stop light, turning left or right. if i press the acceleration briefly and let it go the rpm will drop to 0 and the car will shut off. also the car makes a rattle noise when at normal temperature. can you help me locate the problem. Everything started when i went to get a new radio installed. I'm thinking it can be electrical. what do you think? Thank you, ***** ***** bless day.
JA: Cars do make very odd noises -- They help the mechanics figure out what's wrong. They are terrific with my old Grand Cherokee. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes i will fix it myself.
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replace coils, spark plugs, cam sensor, crank sensor, the spider, ECM, O2 sensor, injectors, map sensor timing belt, water pump, throttle body. mass airflow sensor. All this parts are OEM.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
4/16/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If the fuel pressure has not been tested for this issue here this needs done.I have seen in several cases before where a weak fuel pump will cause this type of fault here needing replaced.I would start with having this checked here to see if this is the cause possibly needing replaced.If this was already checked let me know. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician