Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have a 2006 M45 sport. The navigation system quit working

Customer Question
I have a 2006 M45...
I have a 2006 M45 sport. The navigation system quit working about a month ago. It would not track where I was, I would do the update current location and regardless of how far I drove it would stay where I set it at. I ordered the updated map DVD and no change. I thought maybe the antenna had went bad, replaced it and no change.
JA: Good to know. The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. How old is your transmission?
Customer: 2006 car with original transmission
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to transmission guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: good
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Infiniti Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Infiniti Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
4/14/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 1 year ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This can be due to a fault with the navigation processor itself in the disc drive assembly.I have seen this fail before internally causing an issue like this here in the past and had to replace it.If you have already replaced the antannae assembly and the same fault has occurred here I suspect the drive/processor unit itself is at fault needing replaced.I would have this tested further to be sure this is the cause here before replacing it. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
peterpete190
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician