Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have a 2005 Infiniti g35 sedan. One morning I wake up and

Customer Question
try crank the car and...
I have a 2005 Infiniti g35 sedan. One morning I wake up and try crank the car and it wasn't turning over. After trying to boosts it off which didn't work I went got the battery charge up. The battery is a week old. Once charged it starting cranking up again but it died in a few days. I charged it up again but this time i unplugged it at night lasted two days and stop working. I got the alternator check twice turn out it was good. Also their be times were it wont display which gear upon trying cranking I thought it might be solution to why it might be dying but I dont know.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
3/23/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

This sounds like what you are dealing with is what they call a Electrical Draw. What needs to be done is what they call a Draw Test. This is when the negative battery cable is removed and a Volt Meter monitoring Amps is used to determine the amount of electrical current flowing after a 1/2 hour of waiting for the BCM to go to sleep. If you have high amperage draw, then normally fuses are pulled one at a time to find out what circuit is causing the draw so that circuit could be checked.

Most common for your car is power seat switches, and Radio's.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician