Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

We have a 2010 QX56 and all of the dash lights go out

Customer Question

We have a 2010 QX56 and all of the dash lights go out periodically. Black screen, speedometer, fuel, all is black. Do you know what may be causing this and what the cost would be to fix it?' Thanks.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Do you have intelligent cruise control?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hey, Jay. What is that?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

It is a feature where when you use the cruise control the truck will keep a particular distance and also brake for you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it does have that feature.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Most common is that laser for the ICC system is internally shorting. When this happens, the lights will flicker and make the truck feel like it has a electrical gremlin in it.

There is two ways to resolve this. First if you don't use the cruise control, simply unplugging the laser would keep this issue from happening again. You won't be able to use the cruise control, but it would keep this from happening.

If you use the cruise control all the time, the ICC laser is around 1400 dollars new. Then you are looking at around 3 to 4 hours to install it and program it. That is if you want the cruise control to work.

do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I give you a call?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You would need to accept the Premium Service to speak to me. Sure I am available for a call.