Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have been experiencing a problem with my radio...sometimes

Customer Question
it takes up to an...
I have been experiencing a problem with my radio...sometimes it takes up to an hour before the sound come through...it will play for a day or tow and then it happens again...it won't even allow my phone to come through my Bluetooth...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
3/5/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech replied 1 year ago
Ryan
Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech

Hello my name is Ryan.

What is the year and model of your infiniti?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2012 M 37X

So you have no sound from any speaker? I have seen this issue before. There is an internal failure of the main speaker amplifier. I will need to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you say the main speaker amplifier ???...how much do you think this will cost ???

If you go to the dealer it will be expensive the amp alone is close to $1000. I would first bring it to your local car audio shop and get an estimate. They may even be able to send it out for repair.

Ryan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok...thanks...will do...

Ok let me know how you make out.

Ryan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you asked about sound...no the sound does come in eventually it just takes it awhile before any sound comes out...and none of the other functions work during this time...

If you are able to adjust volume and settings on the display but there is no sound then yes this is an amplifier issue.

Ryan

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
well the volume indicator changes but there is no sound...the screen stays frozen until the sound comes through then it plays normal like it should...

So you are unable to change from radio to cd or bluetooth audio when this happens?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
exactly and no sound...

Ok this may be more of an issue with the AV control module. This is the only cause of an audio and display issue. You will need to go to the dealership to have this issue fixed.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok...thanks...
Ryan
Ryan
Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech