Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2003 m45. It's stalling out like it gas a bad

Customer Question
I have a 2003...

I have a 2003 m45. It's stalling out like it gas a bad catalytic converter, but I also gear a light taping noise near the transmission every time it stalls. What's that about? Thankx

Mechanic's Assistant: Huh?

I'm sorry. Spell check is aggravating

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

My 2003 Infiniti M45 has a bad catalytic converter on it, but there is a light taping noise everytime it stalls a bit. What is the taping noise I hear near the transmission? It sounds like its coming from the area right between the engine and the transmission.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Infiniti Mechanic should be aware of about your Infiniti?

I just replaced the water pump.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
3/5/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech replied 2 years ago
Ryan
Ryan, Infiniti Master Tech

Hello my name is***** have some questions for you. How often does this happen? How long has it been happening? Did it start right after the water pump replacement? Is the check engine light on?

One day after water pump was replaced. First time it has happened. Yes the check engine light is on.
Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician