Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have an infiniti m35 and my rear passenger window on the

Customer Question

I have an infiniti m35 and my rear passenger window on the drivers side roll down by itself and now will not go back up
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The window is not going up automatically when I touch the switch
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes, or get help
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to s
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?
Customer: I tried the switch several times but it didn't work
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer where you can place your fully refundable $5 deposit (plus $15 after the Nissan Mechanic responds). While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Nissan Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What is the year of it please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
2006
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. Do you hear any sound from the window motor when the switch is activated?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. It doesn't sound like a mechanical issue, very well could be electrical. Do you know if there is power to the window motor when the switch is activated?

.

Also, does the switch have power to it at the white/red wire?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got the window up by unconnecting the negative side of the battery and 5 minutes and reconnecting it again
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

A hard reboot, good job! It must have just had a conflict in the switch's CPU. That saves a lot of diagnostic time. Thank you and please come again, anytime.