Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an infiniti m35 and my rear passenger window on the…

Customer Question
I have an infiniti...

I have an infiniti m35 and my rear passenger window on the drivers side roll down by itself and now will not go back up

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Nissan. The Nissan Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.

The window is not going up automatically when I touch the switch

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes, or get help

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

I tried to s

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Nissan Mechanic should know about your Nissan?

I tried the switch several times but it didn't work

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
3/4/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jerry, Master Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Jerry, Master Mechanic

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

.

What is the year of it please?

2006

I see, thanks. Do you hear any sound from the window motor when the switch is activated?

No

I see, thanks. It doesn't sound like a mechanical issue, very well could be electrical. Do you know if there is power to the window motor when the switch is activated?

.

Also, does the switch have power to it at the white/red wire?

I got the window up by unconnecting the negative side of the battery and 5 minutes and reconnecting it again

A hard reboot, good job! It must have just had a conflict in the switch's CPU. That saves a lot of diagnostic time. Thank you and please come again, anytime.