Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2000 INFINITY QX4...I NEED TO CHANGE THE KNOCK SENSOR,

Customer Question
2000 INFINITY QX4...I NEED...

2000 INFINITY QX4...I NEED TO CHANGE THE KNOCK SENSOR, BETTER YET, RELOCATE THE NEW ONE...I HAVE THE SENSOR...BUT THERE ARE SEVERAL WIRING HARNESSES ON THE ENGINE, HOW DO I FIND THE ONE FOR THE KNOCK SENSOR...

Mechanic's Assistant: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Infiniti. The Infiniti Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?

Yes...and to do it the dealer way wud require the changing of gaskets,...etc...which wud b very costly so...

Mechanic's Assistant: Great! What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet...jus looked at a few youtube videos that showed a real good shortcut.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Infiniti Mechanic should know about your Infiniti?

Thats it...i need to pass the emissions test and the engine light is on...funny thing is last year it wz also rite b4 i took the test and thn it went off...i passed, but the sensor still came up as bad

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
3/3/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Tim's Auto Repair, Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Tim's Auto Repair

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you.

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rlms8icwma3464v/0302-infinity-Engine%20Control%20Component%20Parts%20Location.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

www.dropbox.com/s/rlms8icwma3464v/0302-infinity-Engine%20Control%20Component%20Parts%20Location.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help