Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have an 06 Infiniti G35x that was throwing code P0345 few…

Customer Question
I have an 06...

I have an 06 Infiniti G35x that was throwing code P0345 for a few days - last night, it stopped running altogether.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

The car now cranks, but won't start - at all. Doesn't even sound like there's a chance that it would. Almost seems like it's got no fuel, but I've checked that & there is fuel in the tank. I haven't checked the actual injectors yet

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/29/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Mike O., Infiniti Master technician replied 2 years ago
Mike O.
Mike O., Infiniti Master technician

Code P0345 is almost always due to a faulty camshaft position sensor. P0345 is for bank 2 (driver side of engine). If you have a lot of miles, it might be a good idea to replace both sides at the same time since they usually fail around the same time. Make sure you only get a cam sensor from the dealer since an aftermarket one won't last long at all.