Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

My 2003 q56 will not come out of park. The truck starts

Customer Question
Hello. My 2003 q56 will...
Hello. My 2003 q56 will not come out of park. The truck starts fine. But will not change gears
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/21/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Is this a 2004? They didn't make the QX56 in 2003, unless you mean QX4 ?

Did you try the emergency shifter release?

2004. Nope how do it get to it

That is how you would release the shifter for your situation. But what you will need to have checked is the shift lock solenoid. That is what releases the shifter when you step on the brake pedal for it to release so it can be moved to what ever gear you would like.

Do you have any more questions on this?

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!