Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

The blower heater takes a time to come on. The colder it is,

Customer Question
The blower for my heater...
The blower for my heater takes a long time to come on. The colder it is, the longer it takes to come on.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
2/20/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

do you have automatic climate control???

if you do, there is a head sensor that will not allow the system to turn on until the cylinder head temp is at least 100 degrees. the defroster should come on right away but not the heating system

Roy

I do have climate control. The defroster doesn't work either. Is this head sensor near the ambient air sensor?

ambient is in the path of clean air. head sensor is on one of the heads. I will see if I can find it for you

Roy

Oh ok, makes since... Roger that, standing by.... Thanks!

I have been looking for a while and even called some buddies. I have been told they use the coolant sensor signal for this. I see no info on any web site but makes sense. I am still looking

Could the coolant sensor be the air intake sensor?

no, that determines the temp of the coolant. air intake is measuring the temp of incoming air into the air filter hose

Roy

Oh, ok...

too many sensors, too many switches to sort out

Roy

Roy
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest