Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

Mile. I inherited someone's leftovers, a 99 Infiniti QX4.

Customer Question
Hi Mile. My name is*****...
Hi Mile. My name is***** inherited someone's leftovers, a 99 Infiniti QX4. Codes p0325 and P1336. Previously got new ignition parts, and an air flow sensor, but did not solve the rough running hesitation problem. I threw in a crank sensor, but to no avail. Fuel pressure test was good, has spark, and injection pulse, although the noid light was weak at times. Any input would be appreciated. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
2/16/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Roy, import/domestic specialest replied 2 years ago
Roy
Roy, import/domestic specialest

good afternoon my name is ***** ***** I will assist

first, check the connector for the crank sensor for any damaged pins. make sure they are good and tight.

check the flywheel as well to be sure the reluctor is not damaged. that is a real possibility.

ignore the 325 code. it is a ghost code. nissan had issues with 325 coming up on any code.

Roy

Not gonna help with the hesitation problem since the crank sensor doesn't control the engine, it's only used to DIANOSE misfires.

nad fres the injectors and verfies timing correlation

Roy

Needed a distributor. Runs good now.

good job

Roy

I would have thought a cam sensor code would have come up. Ghost codes, no codes, oh well....Lol

as long as it is fixed.

please dont forget to rate me as it is the only way I get paid for my efforts

Roy