Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

2008 G37X with 37.000 miles on odometer. Car started fine…

Customer Question
2008 G37X with 37.000 miles...
2008 G37X with 37.000 miles on odometer. Car started fine this morning in -20C weather. Ran it for ten minutes to warm it up while removing snow. Shut off and locked. One houre later, car wouldn't start and the 'Key' warning symbol was on steady. (Tried replacing battery in key fob - no change.) Car WOULD start if I placed the fob in the dashboard slot, but I had to move the shift lever out of park and back again to get it to start. What makes the key warning light come on other than a missing key or low battery?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
Answered in 1 minute by:
2/13/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When you changed the battery in the remote, does the remote lock and unlock the car properly?