Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 2010 Infiniti G37. The power steering is out but…

Customer Question
I have a 2010 Infiniti...
I have a 2010 Infiniti G37. The power steering is out but the fluid looks ok. What could it be? I just had the fluid replaced a week ago. Is it possible it wasn't bled properly?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
2/13/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question

Did you have this problem before you had the fluid changed?

No

Who replaced the fluid for you? Do you know what type of fluid was used?

Infiniti dealership. I don't know what type they used. Hopefully the right type.

If you didn't have the noise before, and you have it after, I would go back to the dealer and state just that.

I have seen where the bottom part of the Power Steering Reservoir can get clogged up restricting fluid flow. This can happen when the steering flush is done. This is certainly the cheapest test to see if that is the issue. But the dealer should take responsibility for this if it has happened after it was serviced.

Have you spoken to the dealer yet about this? How long ago did they do the steering fluid service?

It was a week ago. I'm at the dealership right now.
If it got clogged what other problems could this cause? It looks kinda like some fluid may have leaked onto the alternator.

Ok.. lets see what they say then. Let me know if you have any more questions on this after you speak with them

If clogged due to thier service, they should clear it and clean it. Dripping some fluid on the alternator won't cause the noise, but that just shows how sloppy the job was done

Could the fluid damage the alternator?

Not likely, it would need to be allot to damage it

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!