Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

I have no sound coming out of the speakers of my 2011

Customer Question
Infiniti M37 speakers except for...
I have no sound coming out of the speakers of my 2011 Infiniti M37 speakers except for when I make bluetooth calls. It worked fine yesterday. This morning it did not work when I started the car so I put it in park and turned it off. I then restarted the car and only had sound coming out of the right rear deck speaker then it cut off a minute later. I have done the system diagnostics and the error log shows Amplifier Temperature Error 1 and 2
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Infiniti
1/27/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 1 year ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

There is a Amp for the radio for the sound to work that is located in the trunk. The self diag shows only that there is codes stored. Once you use a full blown scanner it will actually give you a better code on what the exact problem is. But for now, lets try a hard reset on the car and see if sound returns. To do this, disconnect the negative battery cable for 15 mins.

Give that a try and let me know what happens.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

I did that and when I hooked it back up and restarted the car the sound was only coming out of the right back deck surround speaker. It played for about 45 seconds and cutoff. I checked the audio fuse while I was under the battery cover and it tested fine.

Then it sounds like the Amp has failed and would need to be replaced.

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician