Infiniti

Infiniti repair questions? Ask a mechanic for answers ASAP

I have a 1997 Infinity J30 (which my son drives) and we

Customer Question
Good morning ***** *****...

Good morning ***** *****. My name is ***** ***** I have a 1997 Infinity J30 (which my son drives) and we believed to have a battery issue so we jump started the vehicle, started right up. but when I shut off the vehicle and restart it, it starts for about 5 seconds and shuts itself right off. do you have any ideas for me to try? thank you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Ran a code test and it says: knock sensory

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
1/18/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

If you leave the jumper cables on the car, and shut it off after you started the car, will it start and run longer than that 5 seconds as long as the cables are attached?

the car sat all night and now it started right up. I shut it off and started it again and it immediately shut off. I started again (2 more times) and if I accellerate some gas I was able to keep it going.

Thank you for that description.

Most common thing that causes this is a dirty throttle chamber. Simply cleaning the throttle chambers should resolve your issue. If you have your local mechanic do this, they will charge around 1/2 hour labor to clean both throttle chambers.

Do you have any more questions on this?

If you have any more questions on this, please feel free to ask.

If not, and you're satisfied with my help, please Rate me. That is how I get credit for my work.

I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service.

Thanks Jay!