Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 year as a ASE Tech
7276279

Ron, one thing I did read up online was the potential root

Customer Question

Ron, one thing I did read up online was the potential root causes of each of the tests: HC, CO, and NO. My car passed with flying colors for the CO and NO, scoring well below the limit. Would this mean that my car is not running too rich on the fuel mixture? Can that be eliminated? In addition to the fuel injectors, could it also be a distributor cap? Just trying to eliminate possibilities since my CO and NO are good. Thanks.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for your question,

High hydro carbon reading are in most cases due to a higher amount of fuel being unburned and in your cases it very minimal. CO reading being high would indicate a rich condition. Since your CO reading are well with in specs you are not running rich. If the spark plug and cap as well as the spark plugs have not been changed the last 30 to 40,000 miles then I would go ahead and doe this as well as having the injector cleaned and you should be ine.