Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Jay, I'm ***** ***** from Italy. I have a 2012 infiniti

Customer Question

Customer: Hello Jay, I'm ***** ***** from Italy. I have a 2012 infiniti FX30d, and I cannot reset the "oil service" in the meter display. I tried to follow the procedure described in your post http://www.justanswer.com/nissan/2occo-reset-oil-change-light-infiniti-fx35.html#re.v/457/ but in my car it doesn't work! Moreover, in the user manual there is written that, whereas it is possibile to reset the other indicators (oil filter, for example, and it works) for the oil change indicator it is not possible by user! So... I found around the web the so called "toe-dance", a procedure that should permit to reset the ECU by means of press and relase the throttle pedal... I tried several times but it doesn't work... It seems that the last chance is to disconnect the battery... or take it to the dealer... Could you help me? Thank you in advance.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The notification appears when I start the car (or push the butto in "ON")... and disappear when press the "square button" on the right of the dashboard... but it seems that there is no way to reset it. For the other indications (filter maintenance... end the others on the nav display) it was easy to solve with the usual procedure (also described in the user manual) but still remains the "oil maintenance" indicator...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Infiniti Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok, no problem, I can wait. It's not urgent
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L82Rl5oxFVo

Try watching this video, I show how the maintenance reminders are reset in the dash and the cluster.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Give that a try and let me know how you make out

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Jay, I already saw a similar video and was able to reset all the maintenance remainders in the NAV display and the FILTER remainder in the meter display (by the way, my display is orange, not white). Unfortunately my "oil maintenance" menu is different from all other indicators... I press the "dot" button (which should reset it) but nothing happen...
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Did you watch that whole video? It goes from the navigation to the meter. It shows how to reset it also in the meter

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Did you watch that whole video?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I saw all the video, but the options in the meter display of my car are slightly different. I was able to reset the "oil filter" maintenance indicator but the same procedure doesn't work for the "engine oil" remainder. In my display there isn't the option "reset" ! And the display is orange... probably for Italian fx30d it has a different software...
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Would it be possible to take a video clip and show me? If I see it I maybe able to help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Jay, trying and retrying... at the end I found the workaround:
the "maintenance" menu in my car is slightly different from that in your video, and in the menu "engine oil" there is not the line "reset" but I discovered that it can be resetted by KEEPING PRESSED a few seconds the button... it is not intuitive, but it worked. Thanks anyway for the help.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Glad you got it resolved, and thanks for the update.

Thanks Jay!