Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

Oh My 97 q45 parking brake light is stuck on. Is that a sign

Customer Question

Oh hi. My 97 q45 parking brake light is stuck on. Is that a sign of any worries?
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Did you check the brake master cylinder fluid level to see if that is low? It can turn that light on also.

Let me know?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The brake fluid is fine.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok, if the brake fluid is fine, and the Brake light is on, I would have a scanner hooked up to see if there is a code in the Brake system. Other wise you may need to check the Emergency Brake switch.

Do you use the Emergency Brake allot?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No but if you put the brake on it doesn't come back out. It gets stuck in the on position. I figured it may have something to do with that issues. I am a single girl and didn't want to get taken at the shop! I learned to check the brake fluid. So i know that's ok. But i guess getting it checked would be a good thing? I do t know the panel lights are always messing up lol
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What do you mean the panel lights are always messing up?