Infiniti

Infiniti Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP

Infiniti

2006 infiniti fx35 service engine soon

Customer Question
2006 infiniti fx35 service engine soon
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Infiniti
1/1/2016
Infiniti Mechanic: Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician replied 2 years ago
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

When the Service Engine Soon light comes on it means the computer has detected a fault and it has generated a code pointing to the fault. Do you happen to know what your fault code is?

where do i get this fault code

You would use a Code reader to get the code. As long as you are not in California, Auto Zone offers free scans. If you can run to your local auto zone and have them scan it for you and return back with the code. I can then give you direction in what is needed to resolve that light. Please don't let Auto Zone tell you that you need a Particular part. Return back here first before buying any parts.

I can keep this question open till you can get the car scanned and you and you can return back. Is that ok with you?

Jay
Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician