Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

I have a 2015 qx60 and both of the second row bottom seats

Customer Question

I have a 2015 qx60 and both of the second row bottom seats will not lock into place. It looks like the latches are turned an won't return back to open position. Is there a "reset".
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your question.

Do you have this problem with both right and left 2nd row seats?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
First the left and then the right.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Here is a video that shows you front and rear seat operations. Please watch this video and double check your 2nd row seat operation for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3gJM8D2jnw

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The seats work fine as far as sliding back and forth and folding forward. But when I fold the back into place and punch down on the bottom seat, it won't lock into place. The "hook" is the wrong position and won't open.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The 3rd row seat does not lock down when you fold it down. That is what you mean?

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

If it's the second row you are folding, do you have the seat all the way slide back on the track before folding it forward?

Did you watch the video I provided you on the seat operation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. The middle, 2nd row seat. It will fold forward to let someone into the back, 3rd row seat. But when you slide it back into place, the bottom of the seat won't lock bck into place.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

You need to push the seat back till the seat locks. Then you need to lift the lower slide bar up to slide the seat back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The back of these at will lock into place. The front or bottom won't.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Did you watch the video I provided? This is a video made by Infiniti showing seat operations.

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

The 2nd row seat is two separate seats. I find it hard to believe both have a problem. Please take the time to watch this video I provided you and double check your seat operation please.

Press the seat back until it locks, and then push the seat bottom down. Lift the bar for the seat slide to move the seat back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is a "hook" on the bottom of the base that is not opening to allow the seat to lock back into place. Is there a reset for this?
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

What lock? Is it only one of the 2nd row seats that is doing this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When you slide the seat back into place, the bottom of the seat will not rematch down into a locked position.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Oh.. Ok... The 2nd row seat bottom, when you slide the seat forward it unlocks and folds up. You then press the seat back and that locks, but when you push the seat bottom down it won't latch.

Is that what you are saying? Did you grab the seat slide bar and slide the seat back first then try to snap the seat bottom down?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just tried that. The bottom will not lock in either the back or forward position.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Ok, it's just one of the 2nd row seats that is doing this correct?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

There is no reset. This is a mechanical operation. This will need to be addressed by the dealer. I have seen this. This normally requires that whole 2nd row seat frame assembly to be replaced. So for now I am sorry there is nothing you can do. I would make a appointment with your local dealer to have them address this issue for you. You will need to ask them for a loaner. This will take about 2 days to get the part and at least 1/2 the day to install it.

I am sorry for the inconvenience. But this is a defect in the seat frame operation and is a warranty matter.

Do you have any more questions on this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No.
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Well, Thank you for using JustAnswer.com and Have a Happy Holiday and a Happy and Safe New Year.

Don't forget to Rate me if your Satisfied with my help. I hope I have provided you with Excellent Service

Thanks Jay!