Jay
Jay, Certified Infiniti Technician
Experience:  20+years, Nissan and Infiniti experience and currently now working for a Infiniti Dealer
10181755

We have a 2009 infinity g37. Out of nowhere it will start

Customer Question

We have a 2009 infinity g37. Out of nowhere it will start bucking to where you need to pull over while you still can, turn off the car for a few seconds or more then restart and things are fine again maybe for hundreds of miles or even a thousand miles, you just don't know and every time it happens you wonder if you are stuck this time. To me it acts like a vapor lock. I've never seen a fuel pump go out in this fashion. Experienced mechanics say they can't diagnose the problem without the problem occurring. Good luck with that. I have been online finally today and there seems to similar problems from other people who have this vehicle. Please help in any way that you can, Thankyou
Category: Infiniti
Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** thank you for your Question.

Do you have a Service Engine Soon light on when the engine is running? Also does it act up around 2k rpms?

Any mods done to the car? Cold air intake or K&N air filters? Also what grade fuel do you use?

I know I am asking a lot of questions off the bat. But I need to ask questions to help isolate the issue.

Let me know..

Expert:  Jay replied 1 year ago.

Hello?